Lizbeth Hasse has served as mediator, arbitrator, negotiator, or special master since 1998 in hundreds of matters in the United States as well as internationally. Bringing 30+ years of international experience in the fields of intellectual property, business operations and commercial law, entertainment and media, and technology law, Ms. Hasse has proven sophistication to manage a wide range of disputes and is committed to the resolution process and its participants. She is also a mentor to new mediators and frequently speaks and writes about mediation and intellectual property.
Ms. Hasse is a Fellow with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators based in London, one of the most prestigious organizations involved in international arbitration. She is also UN-certified in Peace-keeping, Mediation and Election Monitoring from the distinguished Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna di Pisa. She is known for her resourceful insights, tenacity and intellectual acumen when dealing with the complexity of cultural sensitivities and varying legal and business practices that arise in international matters.
Experience and Qualifications
- Part of a team that settled numerous banking and financial institution actions arising out of the Enron collapse.
- Part of a team that designed processes and settled multiple antitrust/practice-fixing cases in the DRAM, SRAM, LCD, and other multinational competition matters.
- Mediated and managed the process for a landmark environmental case involving indigenous Peruvian Amazon communities versus a major petro-chemical company.
- Part of a team that resolved class action and other cases in the Adelphia bankruptcy.
- Mediated several complex securities cases following public offerings of high-valued Chinese energy and resources companies.
- Structured process and helped resolve major copyright termination, copyright infringement, and related rights of motion picture studios and content originators and estates.
- Since 2007, has served as a Settlement Master for the highest-grossing rock band in the United States.
- Mediated high-value technology development and licensing cases involving university technology exchange and private industry.
- Neutral evaluator for trademark dispute involving major technology mark.
- Mediated numerous trademark actions involving disruptive or evolving technology and rights-holders in the music, video, and gaming industries.
- Negotiation of high tech-venture involving governmental and private interests in West Africa.
- USAID evaluator and designer of rule of law, judicial, and legal reform projects in Central Asia and Eastern and Central European countries.